Your Webex Personal Room is like your virtual office where people can drop in to visit you.
- You're always the host of the meeting
- You can send meeting invitations and reminders.
- It's available at a consistent URL based on your WFU username.
- You can lock your personal room to control who joins the meeting.
- Start the meeting on the fly without having to use the scheduler.
- Personal Rooms can be configured to allow one or more alternate hosts who can start meetings on your behalf.
*NOTE: Google Chrome is the preferred browser for WebEx, though other browsers may work for the best experience and access to support please use Google Chrome
Using your Personal Room
Step 1: Log in to https://wake.webex.com
Step 2: Invite your attendees to your Webex Personal Room by email or send an invitation after you have started your meeting.
Step 3: Click Start Meeting to launch your Webex meeting.
Step 4: Once a meeting is started, the icons below are displayed along the bottom of the meeting window to allow you to control the settings, views, and options.
*Some options are only available to meeting hosts.
Audio and Video Connections - audio and video connection options/settings
Share Content - share your screen, windows or files
Record Meeting - record audio and/or video
Participants - list meeting participants
Chat - displays meeting chat
- Notes - take meeting notes within Webex
- Lock meeting - lock meeting to prevent additional participants from joining
- Invite and Remind - send invitations or reminders directly from the meeting
- Copy Meeting Link - copy meeting link for sharing
End Meeting - ends the meeting for all participants and stops any recording/sharing